Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Peeking into the Cave-Daydreamer Storyboard

Back in 2010, I was inspired by the Mario Galaxy soundtrack- To the Gateway. Its a pretty and soothing melody, give it a listen:



My inspiration developed into a short story of a girl daydreaming in class about swimming through the ocean. Here she is and here is my animatic.



I wanted to pick it up again, dust it off and polish it into a portfolio piece for concepting, character design, storyboarding and animation. I've been working on it on and off. Earlier in the year I worked on a background and some animation in Flash. (That helped me learn alot!)Today, I worked on some animation of her peeking into the cave and swimming in.

*in a old country bayou accent* I'm gonna catch me one o dem animation jobs with dis ere portfolio bait, ya see! WOO!