Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Anime Expo Artist Alley 2013 (cont...)

Continuing from the previous post, I started to carve at this gigantic glacier that is preparation for artist alley. Recently I’ve been reading this helpful google doc. I don’t know the name of the author or seen any of his or her artwork, unfortunately. But I trust that this advice is great! Overall, this article was so insightful and very helpful. The way it was written really kept my attention and had me chuckling. I took some notes as I read, to help this advice stick in my memory throughout the year. Of course, this is just the start. I’m not going to take it as the end all mandatory list of what to do and not do at my table. I’m still on the hunt for more resources like this.


One of my goals is to look as professional as possible when I’m at my table. I have business cards but they’re a bit boobalicious. Ok, well a lot boobalicious. The card definitely gets an eyebrow raise but, I don’t want to give off the impression that I only do sexy pinup art.  

 I want to make buttons and custom packaging for  them as well. These businesses were exactly what I was looking for


I haven’t ordered anything from them yet, nor do I have the buttons…or the artwork for the buttons, YET! When I do get all that situated, maybe I will get some custom packaging. I’m looking at you “purebuttons” with your cute monsters and what not. This brings me to my next topic!

Employment! Ah yes, who doesn’t need a job these days.  On the list to make money for artist alley are commissions! Yes, If you or someone you know is looking for an illustrator to do character work, please recommend me. I have a chibi commission chart up here. 




I will make a new one for full body, regular, proportion characters and title it something like “Help Me Get to Artist Alley” or something clever. That’s for another post!  Until then, thanks for a moment of your time! Have a good one!