Friday, January 11, 2013

Prouction Schedules and Artist Alley

Happy New Year!

      As January starts on a good foot for me, I hope to keep the ball rolling with some effective pre-production planning for Artist Alley. Taking the list of which series I want to draw from (previous post), I sat down and created a list of all the artwork I want to do  for prints and buttons. It added up to  177 images, 75 for prints and 102 for buttons, YIKES. Next, I did research on how to make a production schedule. With some help from my boyfriend, who has worked with this type of scheduling before, we created something I can stick to and keep track of. Between now and June 1st, I hope to complete 16 pieces of art every 2 weeks. That way I'll have all the art I want done and ready to print for the expo. The schedule was created in Microsoft Excel. Now, I'm a beginner when it come to making production schedules and using Excel but, I like what came out. I just wish I could post it here as an example for maybe future artist alley newbies to find. =/ I also made a time sheet so I can keep track of how many hours I put into my work whether it's sketching, lining or coloring. This will help me plan commission prices for artwork.

Here is my list of Artwork I want to do.


Prints
**Full Body Chibi or Regular proportions of Primary Characters

  • PSG: Panty & Stocking(Angel form)/ Scanty & Kneesocks (Demon dress) (2 images)
  • Candy Vocaloids (5 images, group the twins)
  • Haruhi Suzumiya: Group pic of primary 5 characters (1image)
  • FMA: Edward and Alphonse Elric(human), paired and seperate (potentially 3 images)
  • FLCL: Group pic of Girls of FLCL/ Naota and Haruharu (2 images)
  • Cowboy Bebop: 4 characters 4 prints
__________________________________________________________Anime 17 images


  • Doctor Who: Main doctors with companions/ doctors and companions separate (9images)
  • Legend of Korra: Group pic of Korra, Bolin, Mako, and Asami doing something fun (1 image)
  • MLP: Anthro with pony verison, pair or seperate? (7if pair, 14images is seperate)

_________________________________________________________Television 24 images

  • Portal: Group pic of Companion cube, chell and wheatley/ Human or Android interpretations with originals of 2 characters (turret, personality cores (3), GladOS, wheatley, P-body and Atlas)/ Chell jumping through a portal (potentially 9 images)
  • Team Fortress: Olympic Chibis (13 images)
_______________________________________________________Games 22 images

  • Birthstone Divas(12 prints)
______________________________________________________Misc: 12 images

Estimate Total: 75 images for print/ 10 prints per image= 750 to sell?




Buttons
**Chibi, busts with simple graphic BG, polka dots, stripes, etc./ Singles, no Groups/ Primary chara only

Birthstone Divas- 12
______________________________________________________Misc: 12 images


  • PSG- 8
  • Candy Vocaloids: 6
  • FMA: 2
  • Hsuz: 5
  • FLCL: 7
  • Cowboy Bebop: 5

__________________________________________________________Anime 33 images


  • Dr. Who: Props(Screwdriver and Tardis), Dalek, Doctors 10 and 11, Rose, Martha, Donna, Amy and Rory, Clara Oswin Oswald, River Song: 12
  • Korra: 9
  • MLP: 7

_________________________________________________________Television 28 images


  • Portal: Chell, GLaDOS, Wheatley, Turret, P-body and Atlas, SPACE core, Doug Rattmann,  FACT core, Companion Cube, Adventure Core: 11
  • Team Fortress: Scout, Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Heavy, Engineer, Medic, Sniper, Spy: 9(potentially 18 if I making red and blue versions)


_______________________________________________________Games 29 images

Total images for Buttons 102